Years 2/ Blwyddyn 2
Croeso i’r Blwyddyn 2!
Welcome to Year 2!
Miss Hardwick, Miss Winter and Miss Doidge (PPA)
P.E Day - Monday. Children can bring kit if they like (shorts/trousers, t-shirt and trainers/daps) - if not, uniform is fine!
Fruit - For snack, we encourage children to bring fruit, vegetables or a yoghurt.
Spellings - These will be sent home weekly using our High Frequency Words. These can be used at home to support spelling ready for our quiz on a Friday!
Our Summer term topic is:
All our Yesterdays!
We had fun completing another pupil voice session to aid our learning for this term. Here are some of our ideas:
- Where and when was the Queen born?
- Where is the Queen's castle?
- Where are the castles in Wales?
- Do the Princes and Princesses go to school in Wales?
- How were castles built? Can we build one?
- Can we go to and draw a castle?
- Who was the first ever King/Queen?
- How many houses does the Queen have?
- Does the Queen make the money?
- What does the Queen eat?
- Does the Queen exercise?
Summer Curriculum Map
Our Spring term topic is:
Planes, Trains and Automobiles!
Another fantastic pupil voice session to aid our learning for this term. Take a look at our brilliant ideas!
- How do boats float?
- How fast do cars go?
- How are planes made?
- Can you take a car to space?
- What is the smallest/biggest planet in space?
- What are the names of the planets?
- How do stars glow?
- Can we make a car and a rocket?
- How do astronauts stay healthy in space?
- What materials are cars made out of?
- How do rockets go to space?
Spring Curriculum Map
Our Autumn term topic is:
Out and About!
During our pupil voice session on this topic, the children came up with amazing ideas of what they would like to learn about... so we are going to make sure we get them all done!
These ideas include:
- What different schools are in Trowbridge?
- How do trees grow?
- What places are in Trowbridge?
- How old are trees?
- What trees are in Trowbridge?
- How do flowers grow?
- What shops are in Trowbridge?
- Can we draw a map of Trowbridge?
- How are buildings built?
- How do seeds turn into flowers?
- Why are bees important?
- Why do leaves change colours?
- What animals live in Trowbridge?
- Can I buy fruit in Tesco?
- What grows on trees?
- Are all fruits healthy?
As you can see, we are going to be very busy!
Here are a few photos of what we have been up to so far...